Gum disease: causes and treatment
According to WHO, 80% of diseases of the oral cavity are caused by microorganisms. They enter the mouth with food and, with poor hygiene, multiply rapidly. The products of their vital activity settle on the teeth in the form of plaque. In time, not removed plaque turns into stones, which negatively affects the state of bone tissue and mucous membrane.
Pathogenic microbes slowly affect the gums. A person does not feel that he is sick until the first alarm signals of the body. Bad breath, ulcers on the mucous membrane, smack of blood, painful sensations from cold, hot and sour food – all this speaks of a progressive disease that only a doctor can determine.
In the early stages of the disease can be detected at a routine examination. If you visit the dentist every six months, it will be easier to prevent the consequences. If you seek help when the symptoms are already pronounced, the treatment will be long.
What causes gum pain: types of diseases, symptoms
Modern dentists most often struggle with three types of gum disease:
- Periodontal disease is a hereditary phenomenon often seen in older people. It can be triggered by age-related changes in the body: a slowdown in metabolism, impaired endocrine processes, problems of the cardiovascular system. Symptoms – prolapse, pallor, bleeding gums, exposure of the neck of the tooth.
- Gingivitis is a superficial gum disease caused by poor oral hygiene. The problem is more common among men. The disease does not destroy bone tissue, but causes local inflammation around a particular tooth. The perineal tissues turn red, bleed when cleaning. The disease is dangerous because it provokes the appearance of periodontal pockets.
- Periodontitis – occurs if you do not treat gingivitis. Periodontal pockets (cavities between the tooth and muscle tissue) eventually fill up with food debris and rot. Chewing pain appears. In the advanced stage, there is a risk of tooth loss.
Gum problems are most affected by older people, teens, and pregnant women. The reason for this is hormonal changes, a lack of vitamins, trace elements. Heredity and poor oral hygiene are other factors that affect susceptibility to the disease.
Gum treatment in Kiev: clinic, prices, techniques
Swiss-dent dentists provide comprehensive gum treatment. They eliminate the cause of the disease, and not just heal the symptom. Diagnosis is an important part of treatment and the further plan of action depends on its results. You can look at the prices for all types of examinations on our website.
In the treatment process, you can go in several ways:
- Carry out computer diagnostics to identify external factors that affect the patient’s condition. If there are injuries, cuts, unsuccessful fillings in the oral cavity that contribute to trauma, they must be eliminated.
- If no apparent causes of the disease are found, refer the patient for a more complete examination. To establish a diagnosis, a dentist may need to consult a physician, endocrinologist, cardiologist.
When the reason is found, we begin to work on its elimination:
- In case of superficial gum inflammation we remove the coating from enamel. This prevents microorganisms from multiplying further and causing disease progression. We also prescribe rinsing agents and drugs to relieve the inflammatory process.
- At the advanced stage, we eliminate the foci of infection. We remove ulcers, we clean the affected dental canals. Sometimes surgical intervention may be necessary, during which periodontal canals will be removed. The cost of the operation depends on the degree of localization of the inflammation.
- Gum atrophy is treated therapeutically. Special drugs can restore blood circulation and eliminate symptoms.
Swiss-dent Clinic is a modern equipment, European quality of services and reasonable prices. Want to keep your mouth healthy until old age? Look for us at:
- g. Kiev: Left Bank st. Borispolskaya 4
- Right bank street Zhilyanskaya, 47
- g. Brovary, st. Kievskaya 245 (forest lane).