3 400 grn., instead
Dental veneers: installation methods and rules
Veneer is a decorative slip on the tooth that imitates the surface of enamel. This design visually corrects defects in the dentition and allows you to achieve a beautiful smile in a short time. Putting a plate on top of natural teeth, you can hide their curvature and get the desired color.
Dental laboratories are engaged in the production of linings. To make the pads look natural, they are made from pliable and durable materials. These properties are important because the plates are adjusted to the color and size of the teeth of specific patients. So they are tested at the manufacturing stage.
The requirements for this type of construction are always the same – they must withstand constant mechanical stress and be identical to the patient’s healthy tooth. Modern materials used in the production of veneers cope with this task in different ways.
Types of veneers: main pros and cons
In practice, using veneers of 5 materials:
- From zirconium oxide – have increased strength and color fastness. Do not change color with prolonged contact with dyes. Resistant to cracks and chips, if properly manufactured. Of the minuses: they are expensive and are installed only if there is special equipment in the clinic.
- Lumineers – ultra-thin porcelain plates with an admixture of fluorine in the composition. They have a healing effect on natural teeth and do not require enamel turning before installation. Color fastness and durability allow plates to be worn for a minimum of 20 years. Disadvantage: manufactured only in the USA.
- From glass ceramics – possess natural gloss and high adhesive indicators. Product thickness from 0.3 – 1 mm. Suitable for the correction of small areas of the dentition and do not require special equipment during installation. Next to natural teeth are invisible. Disadvantage: high price.
- Composite veneers – quick to install and inexpensive. Made from the same materials as fillings. With prolonged contact with dyes, they darken. Affected by chips. The average service life is 5 years. Suitable for temporary correction of the dentition.
- Ceramic veneers are expensive, take a long time to manufacture, but they can achieve almost identical similarities to a natural tooth. These pads can be a natural protection for natural dental tissues.
When veneers cannot be installed
Veneers are an easy way to add a Hollywood sparkle to your smile. They save where classic whitening is powerless. They are indicated for non-carious changes in enamel, the presence of crumbs. But sometimes it is impossible to establish them for medical reasons.
In what cases will you have to choose a different correction method?
- Pathological malocclusion
- Strong tooth curvature
- Thinning of hard dental tissues
It will be necessary to delay the installation of plates in case of caries or in the presence of wounds in the oral cavity. Deep seals need to be replaced with a special composite material to improve adhesion to the plates. You can only attach the pads to healthy teeth, so consultation with a doctor is required.
What to do before making veneers
At the initial stage of preparation, the dentist is turning the outer shell of the teeth. This makes them smooth, which further improves adhesion to the pads. In parallel, plaque, which can cause tooth decay, is eliminated. Antibacterial drugs are used to eliminate the possibility of the spread of infection.
To simplify the process of gluing the plate, cracks on the teeth are eliminated. The pads are attached more securely to the smooth surface. The design will look natural only if you choose a shade close to natural teeth. At the first stage of the examination, the doctor takes into account the wishes of the patient regarding the color of the plates.
Many patients initially want to install snow-white veneers. This is taken into account when selecting material for manufacturing. In this case, preference is given to ceramics or glass ceramics. Zirconium oxide also enhances the whiteness effect. It also protects natural dental tissue from damage.
At the final stage of preparation, a cast is made, which is then sent to the dental laboratory. The main task of specialists is to achieve maximum similarity with natural teeth, but to correct defective areas. While waiting, the patient can put temporary plastic pads.
How veneers are put
It all depends on the selected material. Ceramic veneer is made by layer-by-layer application of cement paste. When it is possible to achieve the desired shade, the patch is attached to the desired defective area.
Zirconia veneers are made on a milling machine. Before that, a three-dimensional model of the structure is made in a computer program. But not every clinic can afford such technology.
Composite plates are placed immediately after the preparation of the dentition for the procedure. No need to wait for their manufacture, send casts to America, as for lumineers. You can choose any method, but the result depends on the doctor.
A good dentist in Kiev: where to find
Doctors at the Swiss-dent Clinic learn from Swiss specialists. They have degrees, constantly improve their skills. They work with modern technical equipment. This allows you to put any type of plate with a guarantee of quality.
Swiss – dent solves complex clinical problems. If the designs are contraindicated for you, we will select an alternative method for correcting the smile.
The price of services can be found on the site before the description. We try to make the cost of treatment affordable for everyone. We regularly provide discounts, give medical advice. Find Swiss – dent at:
- Left bank of Kiev st. Borispolskaya 4
- The right bank of Kiev, Zhilyanskaya St., 47