When a natural tooth is substantially destroyed, a crown will help save his remains. A cap-shaped construction is worn on the toothed dental tissue and fixed with cement. After such manip
The tooth looks healthy, and its natural function is fully restored.
The setting of the crown is shown if the tooth is prone to abrasion due to the characteristics of the bite. The hard frame lining takes most of the load on themselves, and the natural fabric remains intact. Under this protection, the tooth can stand for up to 25 years, if you follow the rules of care.
When the patient is not satisfied with the color of the enamel, the dentist can install a design to restore the aesthetics. Such a decision is usually made when irreversible effects occur in the tissues. The procedure is a win-win alternative to whitening, which does not always help to solve the problem.
The only drawback of the design is the need for enamel turning. That is why they try to install only on damaged teeth and only when there is no other alternative for tissue restoration. All about the features of the procedure are known in dentistry Swiss-Dent.
How to put a crown on a tooth
In order for a crowned tooth to serve longer, it must be prepared. At Swiss-Dent, everything starts with diagnosis and treatment, if necessary. Dental calculus and plaque are to be removed since they are the source of infection, which the crown will only exacerbate.
On the damaged teeth, nerves are removed to prevent the appearance of pain in the future. This procedure may not be necessary if only the enamel is damaged. The next step is the removal of impressions for the further manufacture of the structure in the dental laboratory.
For the entire production period, the patient is placed in a temporary crown. It is not as strong as a constant, so hard bite is not recommended. During the wearing of a temporary crown, the patient becomes accustomed to the presence of a foreign body in the mouth and he no longer causes discomfort.
What are dental crowns made of
Making a crown takes from two weeks to a month. It all depends on the complexity and material used. There are some limitations in the installation, which the specialists of the Swiss-Dent clinic in Kiev undoubtedly take into account.
- Metal-ceramic crowns are durable, natural, relatively affordable, but heavy, so they are not suitable for patients with increased mobility of the dentition.
- Solid ceramics are beautiful, so they are often used to restore the front tooth. At the same time, they are quite fragile, so the duration of the socks will depend on your accuracy.
- Metal-plastic and metal crowns are the most affordable ones, but are only suitable for installation on chewing teeth. Aesthetics leaves much to be desired, but the strength pleases.
- Zirconia crowns can be called the strongest ones since they are aesthetically attractive and delight with a long service life. At the same time, their price is one of the highest in the segment.
If the patient is allergic to the above materials, the crowns are not installed. In the clinic Swiss Dent, the presence of allergic reactions is checked by a blood sample for analysis. You need to pre-register for testing.
What you should know about the crown
Dentistry has advanced significantly in a couple of centuries, but even now the dentist has limitations:
- He cannot crown dental tissue for people under 16 and pregnant because their body reacts unpredictably.
- Installing caps on dental tissue is complicated by periodontal disease and other diseases of the gums.
- Lack of healthy enamel also becomes a barrier to the installation of the structure.
If you want to make a Hollywood smile at an affordable price, or just get rid of the defects of the dentition, try signing up at the dentistry Sweet Dent. Years of experience of dentists will allow you to choose the right treatment and method of restoration of teeth in any clinical picture.
Find a clinic at:
- Left Bank, Kiev, st. Boryspil 4,
- Right Bank, Kiev, st. Zhilyanskaya, 47,
- Brovary: st. Kiev 245 (forest quarter)