Arsenic was previously used to treat tooth canals. They placed it in the tooth cavity as a filling to make the nerve endings immune, and after a couple of days all the necessary manipulations began. The technique was considered effective until the mid-20th century, but the toxic properties of arsenic forced scientists to seek an alternative treatment method. And he was found.
Instead of toxic arsenic, a modern dentist uses a harmless anesthetic. Thanks to this, root canal treatment is quick and painless, and most importantly – in one step. Immediately after anesthesia, the doctor begins to stop necrotic tissue, because if this is not done, the pathological process in the tooth will not stop.
Great importance is given to the condition of the pulp – if it is inflamed, the nerve is removed. This procedure is inevitable because it saves the patient from constant pain, gum disease, complete destruction of the dental tissue. The quality of the technique directly depends on the thoroughness of root cleaning, which means the professionalism of the dentist. This can be found at Swiss-Dent.
In the Swiss dent clinic, you will be qualitatively diagnosed with root canals. And all because there are necessary technologies for researching a tooth even before interacting with it. The correct diagnosis allows the clinic’s doctors to act taking into account the current state of the organ, and not be reinsured by removal, as it was before.
How to treat a tooth canal in Swiss dent
After a thorough diagnosis, diagnosis and elimination of all dead tooth tissues, the clinic specialist proceeds to an important procedure – filling. The filling has a protective function, preventing infection from entering the tooth cavity. It also has an aesthetic effect, completely restoring the natural shape of the tooth.
Filling in Swiss-Dent takes place in several stages:
- Material selection. Usually, gutta-percha is a filling, an elastic material similar to rubber. It fills even the smallest tooth voids, non-toxic, stable, easily removed with a dental tool, allowing you to grind less healthy tissue.
- Selecting a filling method. It depends on the condition of the patient’s dental tissues. The entire canal, as well as its part or pin, can be filled with material. Material is selected strictly according to the width of the channel. Excess leftovers are ground off with the tool.
- Recovery. Immediately after filling the canals, the patient may experience some discomfort. It passes within 2-3 days and the patient can safely “use” the tooth as intended.
After filling, it is important to follow the instructions of the doctor. It is not recommended to eat within two hours after the procedure, as well as to eat hot and cold food, because it can cause pain.
High-quality root canal filling
You can check the quality of work of the dentist by performing an x-ray diagnosis of a sealed organ. In the picture, it will flash white to the root canals. The more uniform the glow, the better the work. Visually, a seal can also be evaluated. It should have a uniform structure without streaks, cracks.
Much depends on the price of the material. Long-lasting fillings always cost more. In good clinics, low-quality materials are not used, so the price of filling is always higher. Sweet Dent uses quality materials, but always strives to make them affordable for the client. Contact at:
- Left bank, Kiev, st. Borispolskaya 4,
- Right bank, Kiev, st. Zhilyanskaya, 47,
- Brovary: st. Kiev 245 (forest district)