What happens if you replace a lost tooth with fixed prostheses? Chewing function is fully restored, and the load on adjacent teeth will be optimal. A smile will regain its lost beauty, and, if desired, the patient will even acquire more attractive properties.
The main reason people decide to install a non-removable implant is comfort. This element does not need to be constantly removed and cleaned, injuring the gum. It protects soft tissues from damage, prevents atrophy of the jaw bones and deformation of the bite.
Prosthetics with the help of a fixed implant is carried out both with the loss of one tooth, and several. In the second case, constructions covering a wider segment of the gums are used. If the lesion is observed in different parts of the dentition after the treatment, the implant is made in two copies.
But it is not always possible to install a fixed implant. Cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, tuberculosis, blood diseases, oncology, allergies can become an obstacle to a healthy smile. In the clinic Swiss dent, the problem will be solved by picking up another prosthetic variant or prosthesis.
Types of fixed dentures at the Swiss dent clinic
The function of a lost tooth can be maximally restored only by fixed prosthetics. To make this procedure available to as many people as possible, specialists at the Swiss dent clinic use different implants. Each of them is suitable for a specific clinical case:
- Vinir. Overlay on the tooth, which is used to mask minor defects: chipped enamel, cracks, lack of whiteness. Mounted on the visible side of the dentition. Made of ceramic.
- Tab. Used in the partial destruction of the tooth, when the root is intact, but the usual filling and treatment does not save. The tab is adapted to the shape and color of the natural tooth, and then attached to it with glue.
- Bridge Solid prosthesis, which is installed in the absence of several teeth to the row. A reliable way to restore the natural smile, but not quite gentle because it requires turning of the adjacent teeth.
- Crown. It requires serious tooth turning, therefore it is installed when it is significantly destroyed. It is made individually for the patient’s dentition. Performs a protective function, protecting the tooth from further destruction.
- Implant. The prosthetic mechanism is somewhat similar to installing a bridge, except that the visible part of the artificial tooth row is placed on a metal implant inserted into the gum.
How to care for a prosthesis after prosthetics
A fixed artificial tooth serves for a long time, if it is properly looked after. Features of care depend on the material from which the prosthesis is made. The better and more durable it is, the less often you will have to go to dentistry for the restoration of the prosthesis and the treatment of neighboring teeth.
- Ceramics – durable and aesthetically appealing is used for more than 10 years, if you regularly clean it together with natural toothpaste without fluoride and a brush of medium hardness. Dental floss as an alternative.
- Metal is durable and serves for over 20 years. It reacts badly to smoking. The treatment is simple – cleaning twice a day and rinsing as needed. Disadvantage – high cost
- Zirconium is a special material that is best cleaned with a special irrigator.
- Veneers – rinsing after each meal is mandatory. Coloring foods are prohibited in food.
And do not forget to visit the dentist every six months. Prevention and timely treatment will keep your teeth strong and healthy.
Prosthetics in Swiss dent: features, cost, address
The clinic Swiss dent performs prosthetics in the best conditions. Swiss anesthetics make the procedure painless, and new diagnostic equipment provides comprehensive patient information. Dentists also treat your teeth and gums at an affordable cost. For professional treatment, contact us.
You can find us at:
- Left Bank, Kiev, st. Boryspil 4,
- Right Bank, Kiev, st. Zhilyanskaya, 47,
- Brovary: st. Kiev 245 (forest quarter)