The first tip: if the seal suddenly pops out – call us.
You can see the phone above, you can order a callback by clicking on the red button on the right.
We will respond quickly and promptly and help you
Each of us at least once in his life turned to the dentist to cure his teeth. At a minimum, our visit ended with cleaning or installing a seal. And so, you already exhausted for at least half an hour, went home, and for some time forgot that there were problems with your teeth. But, after a week / month / year, it would seem, the problem is solved, when suddenly – the seal fell out.
So, do not panic, but look for the reason …
Types of filling material
Practically every dentist has a varied choice of filling material.
It is divided into:
1. Chemical hardening – when the filling hardens for several minutes or hours while mixing 2 pastes;
2. Light curing – hardens with the help of lighting.
There are also materials that are used for a temporary seal. They begin to harden for several hours when exposed to the temperature of the human body and saliva.
The main characteristic for each seal is shrinkage (when it decreases with time). At the same time, the indicator for each material is different, therefore, when the seal is inserted, the dentist must take this into account so that no cracks or a seal breaks out.
Causes of loss of a seal
In this case, there may be several reasons:
1. The most basic and widespread cause may be poor-quality treatment of the affected cavity of the tooth, which leads to a further spread of caries;
2. Any filling material has different properties. Some eventually give a very large shrinkage, thereby forming a gap between the tooth and the filling material, where microbes develop that destroy the tooth and break the tightness;
3. Saliva or insufficiently drained tooth surface during filling;
4. Fragility of teeth and bones that appear due to the transferred diseases (pulpitis, osteomyelitis, periodontitis, periodontal disease, periodontitis and others);
5. When using nuts, seeds and other solid objects that exert strong pressure on the tooth;
6. Expiration date of the filling material has expired;
7. Pregnancy very often causes the loss of a seal, as during this period there is hypocalcemia (lack of calcium in the body).
How to prolong the durability of a seal
Very important factors for the extension of the seal are:
1. Permanent hygiene of the oral cavity, in which the dental plaque is scraped off, where the bacteria appear and actively multiply;
2. Proper and healthy diet will help to avoid problems. Firstly, you get the necessary amount of vitamins to strengthen the entire body, and secondly eliminate the risk of tooth decay, excluding products that destroy enamel (carbonated water, sweets, flour products and many other products);
3. Harmful habits that cause microcracks in the enamel structure are also desirable to exclude (suhariki, seeds, etc.).
What to do before a second visit
If the seal falls out, then you need to immediately contact the dentist. In addition, the following measures should be taken:
1. Do not chew food on the tooth, in which the seal has fallen out;
2. Do not create unnecessary burden on the tooth;
3. Rinse your mouth more often so that fewer germs get into the place where the seal falls out.
Do not close the place where the seal fell with cotton. In this case, you will only exacerbate your situation, as it will promote the development of bacteria, which can cause various diseases and inflammatory processes that will increase pain and caries development.
And remember, do not postpone the visit to the dentist, because problems after the loss of a seal can lead to a complete tooth loss.